Monday, February 24, 2014

Journal 14: June 3rd, 1999 through October 31, 1999. Red band of light above the horizon where the sun set. A norhtwest and slightly cooler wind is blowing, but now howling (yet). If it gets too strong and the boat gets too bouncy I'll head to the truck. Last summer on the boat taught me good lessons. Foremost if sleep doesn't happen on "Arianne" go to where it will. I'm feeling good right now. An eggplant parmigian hero, a tall boy Rolling Rock and a salad were my dinner. I bought this new notebook and a new pen plus some cool colored candles. The red light is fading and the lights of the norhtern end of the Lake are brightening. The Yacht Club, plus the marinas, etc in Coon's Foot Cove are bright. Lights from the hosues along West Lake Drive are sparse so far - it's only Thursday night. Tomrrow night and the rest of the weekend'll find more lights burning. Time to retreat below and light the candles, or maybe it's shower time. Shower time wins. Now I'm back below. Jazz from WPBX fills the cabin. Writing is lighted by the cool candles. A chianti bottle/candle holder started last summer and thoughtfully saved shines again with a turqoise candle adding wax to the layers of greens, blues, and purples from the last boating season. Started the Clam College again, this time w/ three sizes of clams and a replicate group to be run after this trial.

1 comment:

  1. Last two entries since their short:
    October 24, 1999.

    Happy Birthday Brilliant Diane!
    A fantastic weekend. Indian whoops as I drove home from the Orient Ferry. Becky is vunderbar! I'm feeling much more comfortable w/ our quiet moments. Being able to touch, getting over that barrier this weekend makes the silences poignant, appropriate, comfortable. I feel like me and I've just spent over a day w/ Becky. That's a most excellent place to be. So I'm thanking God for the blessings she's placed in my midst. Five things I'm thankful for:
    1. Becky Schaffner
    2. My family
    3. Friends
    4. A film festival in my backyard
    5. "Hearts of Space" (Sunday evening music radio.)

    Please help me to remember to be thankful for these and the many other gifts given me in this life. Thank you for the opportunity and experience of touching and being touched by another.

    October 30, 1999.
    Happy Birthday, Thomas!
    Waiting in the Phila. airport for a flight to Pittsburgh. I have to write up Tom's card before I get there - a good thing to do while I'm waiting. I met the neighbors on the south side of me this afternoon. Interesting! Thank you Diane Rehm. Two, beautiful red-haired daughters who, I would guess, are in their twenties. Wow! Marybeth is the Mom, Katrina, I think, is the taller daughter, and I can't remember the younger daughter's (famer/gardener) name.

    I'm in a much better place now than I was at the beginning of the month. Goofing off and many Wild Asparagus walks have a calming effect on this rattle-headed boy.

    10/31/99
    Blue-ink sketch "View froma Window in Squirrel Hill."

    ReplyDelete