Monday, February 24, 2014

Journal 11: October 22, 1997 through October 12, 1998. Back of the bus, er plane. Physical Oceanography mid-term taken, and now me and my Halsey apple are sitting in the last row of a US Air - 737 at LaGuardia Airport. Gary has been kind enough to watch my buddy, Boris, for the next four days while I visit the Carolinas. I didn't sleep for very long last night. Test thoughts and house thoughts competed w/ each other for my attention. The moonlight coming through the skylight made me feel good. I felt awake then, but now the bays I didn't check are hanging heavy under my eyes. Living in the studio has inspired me with simple housing ideas. My conversation w/ Irene Kuzak about the property on Lion Head Rock Rd got the house "I's" yelling and shouting. Just when I thought I was safe and had them tucked neatly away in a back drawer of my mind, one phone call and now they lie scattered hither and yon around my convoluted grey matter. The key, of course, to this house puzzle is selling the land. Selling the land for a reasonable price. The prospect of selling before sometime in January (the time the Kuzak's will be listing their property w/ a broker) seems optimistic. Time, as usual, will tell.

1 comment:

  1. October 12, 1998 - Columbus Day.

    Cloudy morning. Munching cereal as I sit at the desk in the studio (20' x 20' studio I rented during the winters beginning in October 1997 after I moved out of Gary's house October 1997. In the summer the studio was used by the owners: artists John Hardy and Joan Semmel while they lived in the attached house. I moved on to "Arianne" a 25' Cape Dory Sloop I bought from May 1 to October 1, 1998 and lived at at the Montauk Yacht Club on East Lake Drive on Lake Montauk.) Slowly I unpack musty boxes brought up from the basement. Another opportunity to weed possessions. A cold washed over me yesterday as I finished up the Depth Selection Experiments, Phase I. Now I can pamper myself. A nap today. A walk today. A bubble bath with excellent music and candles. It's a great life! My drawing class starts in ~10 days. I'm looking forward to it. I see blue sky over in the corner of the windows, it's filling the spaces between the leaves.

    O.P.S. is coming along, I'm gonna blow off a meeting w/ Sandy and Rachel (teammates for that class) at Stony Brook today. I'm tired of running. Chill out. A goal to spend ~ 1 hour a day (except the day off - today) writing the proposal for my thesis. I can get it done before the New Year - 1999. Wow!

    Almost a year to fill this journal. I like this cover. I'll have to keep my eyes out for a new one. What stories will the next one contain? Should be fun, whatever happens. It's one hell ov a trip. Who needs amusement parks when you've got life. "Thanks for the memories."

    Some of the maples have turned to a golden/yellow color.

    ReplyDelete